Help me choose the best calendar size for 2010

by Todd Smith on January 7, 2009

You may have noticed that there is a little poll in the left-hand sidebar of this blog asking you to choose your favorite wall calendar size. Thank you to everyone who has voted. As of Jan 7, 2009, there have been 27 votes.

The pictures in this post are from the 2009 calendar designs that were not printed last year. One of my mistakes was to choose a large calendar size that was not what everyone wanted. I plan to make next year’s calendar or calendars from the same photos but in a different format.

Black and White Calendar Design (not used in 2009)

I would love to get 100 votes before making a final decision on the size of next year’s calendar or calendars. Could you take a second to cast your vote?

Classic Cars Calendar design (not used in 2009)

And if you have any friends that you could let know about the vote, that would be awesome. The sooner we get to 100 votes, the sooner we can start exploring designs for next year’s calendar.

Flowers Calendar Design (not used in 2009)

I plan to make the design process transparent, and a part of this blog. Your input will be very valuable at every step. The first step, before we can start the layout, is to decide on a calendar size.

Here is the same poll that is in the left hand column. If you’re reading this in an RSS feed reader you have to click through to the blog website to see the poll and vote.

What size calendar would you like on your wall?

• 12 x 12" (30.5 x 30.5cm) closed, 12 x 24" (30.5 x 61cm) opened (36%, 24 Votes)
  • 11 x 8.5" (28 x 21.5cm) closed, 11 x 17" (28 x 43cm) opened (35%, 23 Votes)
  • 13.5 x 11" (34 x 28cm) closed, 13.5 x 22" (34 x 48cm) opened (17%, 11 Votes)
  • 16 x 12" (40.5 x 30.5cm) closed, 16 x 24" (40.5 x 61cm) opened (12%, 8 Votes)

Total Voters: 66

Loading ... Loading ...

Thanks again for your help, and please spread the word that we’re taking a poll. Every vote helps a ton!

Landscapes Calendar Design (not used in 2009)

elaine January 8, 2009 at 12:04 pm

hey! i am a metric system girl so I feel left out of your vote 🙂

Janet January 8, 2009 at 12:46 pm

I couldn’t find any place to actually vote for the calendar size, so here it is.
11 x 8.5″ closed (11 x 17 opened)
I’ll prefer probably flowers or landscapes – but COLORful especially in the dreary black and white days of winter.
THanks!

Todd Smith January 8, 2009 at 1:29 pm

Elaine – Thanks for that reminder. I just updated the poll so it reads centimeters too.

Janet – Thanks for your vote. Good idea to choose colorful photos for the winter months.

elaine January 10, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Hey! thanks i voted 🙂

ann January 11, 2009 at 4:53 pm

i would want a smaller daytimer calendar w/your photos.
I wouldn’t hang it on the wall. Probably a 6×8″ where i could put my appt’s in it.
I like bright flowers too..but a mix of photos would be nice too.

Todd Smith January 11, 2009 at 7:31 pm

Elaine – Thank you!

Ann – This is interesting. I’ve had several requests for a daytimer. I”m going to have to look into this. Anybody else interested in a daytimer? I think they are sometimes called engagement calendars.

Todd Smith´s last blog post..Help me choose the best calendar size for 2010

Maggie January 15, 2009 at 7:21 am

I would vote for an engagement calendar as well as a wall calendar! My husband likes to frame the individual pictures on a good wall calendar after the year is over, so that is why I chose the large size. However, I would use any or all sizes as I also use them for gifts and in different locations. Great work on your newsletter. It is the inspiration of the week!

Bev January 15, 2009 at 12:31 pm

Todd, I kept getting the message ‘please chose a valid poll answer’ when I had mine selected so I couldn’t vote but I choose 12×12. Hope you are having fun!

Chere January 15, 2009 at 6:32 pm

Your photos are incredible!! Personally I wouldn’t hang the calendar on my wall. I would mat it up from the 11×8.5 with at least 2-3 mats, then frame and hang.

Keep up the talent!
Cheré

Marte February 26, 2009 at 5:41 pm

I always choose mountain / country scenics, horses, or dogs when picking a calendar.

Love your barn photo!

Todd Smith February 26, 2009 at 5:44 pm

Thanks, Marte. I think scenics are great on a calendar. If I had to choose one calendar for next year, it would probably be that.