Can you help me on this product label design?

by Todd Smith on January 19, 2009

I’m a photographer, not a graphic designer, but I like learning new things and I often dive into the deep end before I know how to swim. Right now I’m in L.A. working with my favorite Ayurvedic doctor, Vaidya Mishra. I planned to spend the week photographing his product line, but soon realized that it would be a waste of effort to photograph the current labels which are not very professional.

So I was suddenly transformed into a graphic designer. Art is art, right?… Well, I hope so.

I spent the weekend crash learning Adobe Illustrator (that one program in the Creative Suite that has always been an enigma to me). I’m semi-comfortable with the pen tool at last and am having fun with vector graphics.

Here’s what I’ve done so far. What I need is your feedback.

Dr. Mishra label design - first draft

Some people say that this design is too masculine, and I can definitely see that. Some say the green block is too strong. Maybe I should reverse things and not have the text in a block at all.

I’m thinking of adding a thin, solid border around the whole label. I’m also still considering other color schemes and am open to anything you suggest. The small oval to the left is for the doctor’s picture.

Overall, I want to have something that is recognizable off the shelf, easy to read, elegant, simple and charming to look at. The design is missing something and I’m not sure quite yet what it is. Can you help?

I plan to keep adding new versions of the label in the comment section based on your advice.

Holly Sehrt January 19, 2009 at 3:38 pm

This is definitely a good start. There is definitely something interesting in the background element of the sun/rays. That alone is very iconic and you may want to do an iteration where you extend the rays all the way out to the edges of the label and delete all the other background elements. Also, in another iteration, you may want to explore using other interesting design elements that relate to Hinduism. Go here to give you some inspiration: Hindu design elements

Also, in terms of color, you may want to explore more “earthy” color palettes. Adobe Illustrator has different Swatch Libraries titled “Nature” and “Earthtone” that you may want to look at. Or you could check out some website like:

In terms of the green block, maybe by playing with color, it will look better. Also, as you look at those Hindu design elements in the link above, you may find more interesting shapes – for example, instead of the green block being a rectangle, maybe it’s more of a leaf shape.

Also, you may want to put the doctor’s photo in the center above or below the green block so that there is more symmetry on the label. Just a thought to play around with.

Christian Messer January 19, 2009 at 3:57 pm

As an identity and branding professional, I’m wondering how much time and investment Mr. Mishra has put into his brand. A brand, no matter what size the company, is its strongest and most valuable asset. If he has a positioning statement, then maybe from there you can begin to build an idea of what this packaging label would look like. What are the colors that are appropriate for this line? Are there symbols or icons that should be included for their communicative properties…anything to avoid?

There is so much to look at when doing a packaging label, and for his to succeed, I would suggest he look to a professional designer to do this work for him. My sense is that, you are doing this pro-bono – and if that is due to finances it is understandable. If he were to invest in his branding though, it would be such a huge catalyst to his success. I looked at his web site, and this design does not match the web site…breaking any possible cohesiveness.

Feel free to e-mail me if you would like to discuss these issues further.

Todd Smith January 19, 2009 at 4:21 pm

Hollie – This is really helpful. I’m going to check out these links and work with your suggestions. Thank you so much!

Christian – I totally hear what you’re saying. Branding up to this point for Dr. Mishra is basically non-existent. His website needs to be replaced completely.

Yes, I am doing this pro-bono, as a friend. Because he is a start-up, finances are very tight with him right now and I am trying to help him rebrand on a budget. I agree wholeheartedly that an investment in branding would be a huge catalyst for his success. Thank you for your offer.

Janice Cartier January 19, 2009 at 4:32 pm

Todd,
By using lavender instead of green for the block you could tie the label into the website and create a lovely triad of color that says healing and health. I do not think this label is masculine. I think it is clean.

Just some thoughts.

Janice Cartier´s last blog post..Why Robert Redford Is A Hero

Diane Whiddon-Brown January 19, 2009 at 4:35 pm

I agree with Holly on quite a few things. I like the idea of expanding the sun rays, tho I also like the leafy, curly things you’ve got and would play around with putting those in front of the rays. The curly things would also help it from looking too masculine. Maybe evey wavy sun rays?

But, in the end, Christian has a very valid point. Your friend really needs a cohesive company/product brand. Since money is tight, there are free sources all over the web about how to start thinking about and creating a brand strategy.

Even if you spend a little while with your friend on this, it would probably give you great insights into what his labels should look like, and it should also give him some ideas of what is most important to him in his business and customers, and that will lead to what he’d like to have on his websites, labels, marketing stuff, etc.

Overall, though, nice work. You’ve got more graphic designer in you than you think. 🙂

Todd Smith January 19, 2009 at 4:51 pm

Janice – Good idea about lavender color. I will give it a try.

Diane – I agree, expanding the sun rays is worth trying. Hmm… wavy sunrays, that’s interesting… may test my limits in Illustrator but a good idea. I have been talking with my friend and am getting a good idea of what’s important and what’s not. Thanks for the encouragement.

Now I’m off for a bit. Hope to get back soon so I can start applying all these comments into new iterations of the design.

Todd Smith January 20, 2009 at 11:50 am

Here are several iterations…from oldest at the top to newest at the bottom.

The first one shows the sun rays stretching across the whole label. I’ve added all the text so it looks the way it would when it’s finished.

The next one replaces the full sun with a smaller version.

The next one replaces the title with a periwinkle color and uses a complimentary green for the border.

The next one replaces the green with a lavender color.

The next one keeps the same color scheme but moves the background artwork in towards the center (and reverses the one on the right).

The next is the same except for the smaller sun.

The next switches to a red color with long sun rays and moves the oval picture of Dr. Mishra into the title block.

The last one fades the red title a little and emboldens the background artwork, switching the one on the right for a design of cloves.

Please let me know what you think. I’m going to be out for a good part of the day, but look forward to hearing your opinion when I return.

Sweet January 20, 2009 at 12:44 pm

I thought number 7 looked very clean and gave a feeling of health and calm with the soft color. With the text over the original background it balances out nicely.

Mother Earth aka Karen Hanrahan January 20, 2009 at 1:13 pm

this type of practioner really requires warmth in his brand expression, I personally want experience more color – I tend to go for bold vs subtle , the white backround doesn’t work for me – it needs to pop – I feel you are totally on track with the amber/purple pallette…I’d play with hues of amber for the backround and add a contrasting but subtle orange for the sun, and same with the greens – Of course until I see it –I might be completely wrong. Great project.

Mother Earth aka Karen Hanrahan´s last blog post..What Is A Good Diet?

Janice Cartier January 20, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Ahh, here’s where your target market comes in. The basic design is nice and clear.

I personally would be draw to 3. To me that says mainstream green, clean product with an historical holistic source.

But who is your ideal client? Who is your buyer? Will that person be drawn to something more ethnic and richly colorful, mystical maybe? Like the reds. #7 which would stand out from all the greens on the shelves right now. And it makes the robes pop in the photo. Hm.

You are a good friend to make this effort for your friend.

Janice Cartier´s last blog post..Why Robert Redford Is A Hero

Todd Smith January 20, 2009 at 8:03 pm

@Sweet – Thanks… it is a soft look. I don’t think anyone could say that one is too masculine. 🙂

@Mother Earth – I personally am drawn to the strong colors too. My favorite is #8 with the bold red. I’ll play with more hues, and will give a background color (besides white) a chance as well. I’m glad you’re enjoying the project. It’s great to have everyone’s feedback.

@Janice – Yeah, I need to discuss target market more with the doctor. It makes a difference on what color pallet to choose.

Someone suggested today that we use different colors for different products or product lines to make it easy to find them. He has about 250 products, and health practitioners who prescribe them often have a lot of them on their shelf. Color coding could help find the right product easily on their shelves. We’ll see how much time that will take.

Still, I think there should be one main color scheme that he can also use to rebrand his website and other promotional material. I think it’s time to have a serious chat about his market with him. The real question is: who is buying his stuff? And what will make them say, “Yeah, this is so me!”?

Todd Smith´s last blog post..Can you help me on this product label design?

Bev January 20, 2009 at 8:58 pm

Hi Todd,
I think you did a good job with the first sample.
I like the lavender as a look but not as a label. If a product is sitting on the shelf it needs to catch the eye and I think the green does that. Just look in the vitamin section of a drugstore and see what catches your eye. Jamieson brand being a very popular brand uses green! When I first saw yours I thought it needed a line of green across the top and you have done that with the whole label, ottle2.jpg. I do not think it looks masculine, I think it has the right touch. I would move the leaves over towards the center of the label just a bit to tie it in or carry the leaf all the way through. Also if you have a creamy or natural looking background not white. You may want to consider putting a red in somewhere to punch it up just a bit, maybe Soma Cal. Looks like you are on the right track though. Have fun. Does he need it done before you are back or can you work on it here?

Todd Smith January 20, 2009 at 10:16 pm

Bev – Do you prefer the small sun, then? I agree, moving the background images toward the center makes a difference when there is text. You’re not the first to suggest a background color… will give it a try. thanks for your input!

Todd Smith´s last blog post..Can you help me on this product label design?

Bev January 20, 2009 at 11:57 pm

I didn’t see the red one when I first looked. I like that one a lot! It will get noticed on a shelf amongst many.

Sarah January 21, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Todd,
I tend to prefer very clean, serene product canvases – so I like where you were going with #7. A few questions for you:
– Is there one overwhelming benefit that Dr. Mishra’s products deliver? I think other people are sort of getting at the same issue when they automatically ask – who is the target? It’s not that you don’t have feminine cues, you do – but there is an insight and human connection missing somewhere. Try to focus on the benefit clearly and then see how you might express that idea.
– Could color be helpful in designating certain product lines (e.g. clays vs. vitamins vs. liquids)
– I think the hierarchy you have is clear (Dr. Mishra, then vitamin name) and well done.
– On Dr. Mishra’s logo – I wonder if there is a different treatment. The square is very masculine and strong. Would rounding the edges help? Would un-blocking it help? Take a look at the following brands and how they do logo/packaging. It could be interesting to go down a path that’s simpler and logo-driven (maybe iconographic) than using embellishments or literal pictures. Another alternative would be to go with a distinctly colored/shaped container and a very simple logo/information (like the third option on the list). Again, it should be rooted in the idea of why Dr. Mishra is making these vitamins in the first place. Why are his different from the thousands of other generic options on the market? Why should busy women feel like they’re made for them?
http://www.thedieline.com/blog.....fragrance/ go to very bottom of the page to see the blue Neal’s Yard Remedies

Hope that helps!

Mother Earth aka Karen Hanrahan January 22, 2009 at 1:49 pm

# 8 is definetly warmer, but the white backround detracts ….keep playing

Mother Earth aka Karen Hanrahan´s last blog post..Inch Loss Program

Todd Smith January 22, 2009 at 3:45 pm

Sarah – Thanks for your thoughtful input. I had a good talk with Dr. Mishra yesterday and he told me that 90% of his customers are women and most of them have a spiritual inclination.

I also asked him why his products are different and why people should buy them. He said that the whole focus of his herbal line is in preserving the “prana” or life energy of the plants. He does this right from the way the herbs are grown (often wildcrafted) to the way they are harvested and dried to the way they are stored, processed and packaged. He doesn’t use any harsh chemicals – and miraculously is able to get good shelf lives without chemical preservatives. This really is a small miracle. He also does not use high heat, or harsh friction and uses packaging that protects the delicate energies of the herbs.

The benefit of this “pranic,” or subtle energy approach of his formulations is that they smell and taste and feel wonderful. They are very effective because they not only provide what the body may need physically, but directly energize the vibrational or energetic aspect of the body. The life or “prana” of the herbs awakens the life or prana in the body. This makes you feel immediately good when you smell them, for example.

With regard to the name Vaidya Mishra, he wants to keep that name as it is already his trademark… it means Dr. Mishra in his language and is well recognized in his field. With regard to the Sanskrit word, Pranoshadhi, he wants to popularize this term, as it describes exactly what he does. Pranoshadhi means “pranic medicine,” or medicine which is all about treating the imbalances of prana (or life energy) in the body by using the intact prana of the herbs. It forms the core of what he does and he feels that, while it is not an easily recognizable word, it describes his line perfectly.

As a compromise, he suggested splitting the word, “pranoshadhi” into its two parts: “prana” (life energy) and “aushadi” (medicine). Prana is a popular word in Ayurveda today and he feels that it will be easily recognized by the market he wants to reach. He then suggested that we then translate it in the text just below as “pranic formulations.”

Also, I should mention, he is not promoting his products in stores at this time, but mainly through various doctors he has trained around the country.

Here are a few more iterations of the design. We have decided to choose different color schemes for different groups of his products, so we don’t have to focus in on one color for the whole line.

In this one you will see I tried rounded corners (the text here does not reflect the changes discussed above).

In the the next one, I removed the block of color around the logo and changed the text as described above. I was asked to use a different font for the logo and was suggested the one shown here. I’m not particularly happy with it, but the client likes it better.

In the next version, I tried a light pink background instead of white, as Mother Earth suggested.

In the last version, I tried softening the sun’s rays.

Todd Smith´s last blog post..Journalism vs. Art

Todd Smith January 22, 2009 at 3:46 pm

I just left a very long, in depth comment and it was eaten by my blog. I didn’t copy it before I submitted so it’s gone. Sorry. Will have to try again later.

Todd Smith´s last blog post..Journalism vs. Art

Todd Smith January 23, 2009 at 2:36 am

Ok, I’m back after a long day. Thank you Sarah for your very thoughtful and valuable input, it helped a lot. I turns out that my previous comment got stuck in the spam filter. I may release it (even though there is overlap with what I just wrote below).

We had to make a decision on the label, even though I think it’s still just starting to develop. Here’s what we decided on:

Final Label Version

First of all, we decided to have several groups of products, with each category carrying it’s own color. The product pictured here falls into the pink category.

Second, we decided to drop the block of color around the logo. I tried rounding the corners but I think it looks better without the block of color at all.

Dr. Mishra’s business partner didn’t like the font that I had chosen for the logo and preferred the one shown here. I’m not a big fan of it (Georgia) because it is too common. If it were my business, I would hire someone to design a logo for me and customize the lettering. I think the logo text should be distinctive and unique, but what can you do? It’s not too bad, and they are happy. I guess the distinctive mark is Dr. Mishra’s picture and the sun.

I also introduced a very light shade of the border color into the background behind the rays of the sun, as suggested by Mother Earth. I think it does give more richness (though I don’t know if it’s as much as you would have liked).

Finally, the text of the logo was changed a bit. Instead of “Pranoshadhi” the text is “Prana-aushadhi” and under that “Pranic Formulations.” Pranoshadhi seemed to be a mouthful for the average consumer, but it is the core of Dr. Mishra’s approach to healing. He says that the word “prana,” or life energy, is very well known in the Ayurvedic world today and he wants to build on that name recognition. By hyphenating the name, he makes the word more recognizable to his target market.

When I asked Dr. Mishra what was unique about his products and why someone would want to buy them, he said the center of everything he does is “prana.” Prana means life energy. He takes special care to preserve and protect the life energy of the plants from the way they are grown, harvested, dried, shipped, processed to the way they are packaged. He doesn’t use high heat, or harsh chemicals to extract or preserve. It’s actually a small miracle that his products have a good shelf life without any chemical preservatives. In fact, a number of years ago, Este Lauder company tried to get him to reveal his secret.

He says that chemicals damage the life energy, or prana, of the plant and of the body too, so he avoids them. He says that we have prana, or life energy, in our body just like the plants. When a herb is taken which is full of life itself, then the body receives it and begins to feel better immediately. Herbs treated with chemicals may have some effect, but they lack the subtle, vibrational energy of non-treated plants, and there are side effects from the chemical residues. His products do feel very much alive. They smell wonderful and feel great on the skin.

So there you have it. I’m learned a lot about building a brand and an identity with this project. Can you say zero to 60 in 1.2 seconds? I can now really appreciate what professionals, like Christian, do every day. I’m glad to have the experience and now I can get back to photography! 🙂

Here are a few other label shapes I worked on today:

Ashwagandha Soap

Real Rose Soap

Herb Rich Shampoo

Todd Smith´s last blog post..Journalism vs. Art

Todd Smith January 23, 2009 at 2:42 am

The links did not work in the last comment… here they are again:

Final version: http://www.toddsmithphotograph.....omaCal.jpg

Ashwagandha Soap: http://www.toddsmithphotograph.....haSoap.jpg

Real Rose Soap: http://www.toddsmithphotograph.....seSoap.jpg

Herb Rich Shampoo: http://www.toddsmithphotograph.....hampoo.jpg

Janice Cartier January 23, 2009 at 12:19 pm

I love these. Would actually buy them. 😉 Nice work.

Todd Smith January 23, 2009 at 1:10 pm

Thanks, Janice! You make me feel good. 🙂

Christian Messer January 23, 2009 at 1:12 pm

Todd – Great Job! You really asked the important questions – who is the target market is the biggest – so glad I was able to help you out!

Todd Smith January 23, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Thanks, Christian. You got me to start thinking about those questions. A big thank you to you! 🙂

Janice Cartier January 23, 2009 at 1:48 pm

Good. Prana…that’s a great anchoring idea.

Janice Cartier´s last blog post..Never Ending Brilliance

Tom Leparskas January 29, 2009 at 2:32 pm

Hey Todd: you’re doing some great work. Because I’ve worked with Vaidya before (oh yes,pro-bono) his main branding image is his persona. So his picture is incredibly important on each bottle. (And you’re an excellent photog)
Also,these products are not sold on shelves,they are prescribed by a practitioner the idea of competing on the shelf is not a key issue.
They would be posted on his website and in brochures, so the branding expert, Christian, in his post was right. It should all flow with one theme/concept.That’s branding – ONE message.
That said, I really like the red theme. In print and web – red, white and black are the strongest colors. It works for billboards and magazine ads too.
Your design is clean – you have some graphic designer in you.

Tom

Janet January 30, 2009 at 5:25 pm

Hi Todd,

You’ve done a great job with this, and it’s a definite improvement over the old labels.

I really like the idea of the sun’s rays, and I prefer them extending through the design. I also like the cleanness of the label, and prefer it without the color block around the “brand.” I like the leaf design, moved closer to the center so it doesn’t “fight” with the text, and I like the swirl design better than the cloves.

I find the text on Vaidya’s labels to be difficult to read anyway because the print is so tiny, and text competing with a background design would make them even harder to read. Plus the type of paper and ink that’s used makes the text fade away with handling, so if you can encourage an improvement in that regard, it would help, from the consumer standpoint.

I wish Vaidya’s staff had sent out the notice about your label design efforts sooner, so that the actual users of the products had the opportunity to make suggestions about improving the ease of use or helpfulness of the labels at the same time as the look. That’s always a useful exercise.

I like the final design you decided on, but it’s definitely feminine, so I think the idea of different colors for different product lines is a good compromise. I am really surprised to see the number of favorable comments about the red color, which was my least favorite (sorry, I know you like it). I think it and the original green are both too bold to convey the essence of Vaidya Mishra.

Several of the posters have commented about how important it is for the branding to convey what Vaidya is about and what is important to him in creating these products. And colors play a huge role in branding.

As one of Vaidya Mishra’s patients, I would describe him as calm, serene, subtle. Definitely not bold or flashy. I think some of the words that would describe his approach to improving health would be subtlety, gentleness, gradual change. Remember the emphasis he places on gentle, gradual detox so as not to burn the channels? The results of following his protocols is sometimes to subtle that you don’t realize the change is attributable to what he has you doing.

I recently learned that lesson when I stopped doing one of the things he recommended, and some of the problems I had that had improved (I lost 17 lbs in about 6 months or so) started to get worse again (I re-gained 20 pounds in the year following, with no change in my diet or activity level). I tried to figure out what I was doing differently, and not using that one product is all I could think of that I was doing differently. I had continued to use the other products, though not always “religiously.” I started using that one product again, and there was almost immediate improvement (I lost 7 lbs in a short time), so I now know it was that specific product that was responsible for the improvement. (And weight loss wasn’t the reason for the product, it was just a natural result of getting healthier.)

I think a less bold color scheme would better reflect Vaidya’s serene and subtle nature. I think a more muted color scheme would be more appropriate to convey his ideas and teachings. Green is appropriate to convey the “living” or “life” aspect, but perhaps a more muted shade of green, such as sage green?

I agree his current web site is a train wreck, and not very user friendly. It could definitely use some work. However, I DO like the color scheme that includes the sunrise/sunset colors, as well as other pastels, especially lavender. It “feels” serene to me. (That could be because pinks and purples are my favorite colors.) A muted sage green should work along with that color scheme, so long as all the colors were more muted and not bright or bold.

The Vaidya Mishra site and the Chandika site need to be better coordinated. They share no similarities, and the first time I went to the Chandika site, I thought I must be in the wrong place, for that reason. (It does include the shade of sage green I had in mind, but there are also some brighter, bolder greens there that fight with it, I think.) If you go to his site and click on “Store” and then “Ayurvedic [can’t read the rest of it on my screen], you’re taken to a second page with a totally different look, feel, and color scheme. From the second page, if you click on “products,” you’re taken to the Chandika site, with yet a third different look, feel, and color scheme, which is beginning to be crowded with all the stuff that’s been added to it.

I realize you didn’t ask for comments about the web site, but I’m hoping that maybe you are offering some input about that, too? There needs to be more consistency, so the reader knows he’s still on the same site.

Great job on the new labels!

Janet´s last blog post..What Will That Big-Screen TV Cost on Credit?

Todd Smith January 30, 2009 at 6:04 pm

Tom – Good point. Vaidya Mishra’s persona is central to his brand. I think this is displayed best with his photo and name. No one does it quite like Vaidya Mishra!

Janet – Thanks for your thoughtful comments and suggestions. I can see your point that muted colors could reflect Vaidya Mishra’s gentle, slow approach to healing. It will be interesting to see what colors I can come up with for the various categories.

I agree about the fine text on many of the current labels. I have good vision and sometimes can’t read them. I made it a rule to keep font sizes above 8pt as much as possible.

I am also helping them to redo their chandika.com website. The lack of consistency detracts greatly. We are hoping to have a launch by Valentines’ Day. Not all products will be on the new site right away.

Todd Smith´s last blog post..California Dreaming…

cynthia January 30, 2009 at 8:44 pm

Hi Todd,
I do Dr. Mishra’s Ayurvedic Marma Facials in Windsor and love working with his products. I am delighted to see improvements in his labels and also hope the website will follow. personally, i love the idea of a lotus to identify his work, as he says that one heals with the heart, not the head. So I also like to colours of pink. Both of these, I use on my business cards. Just thoughts after the fact…just saw all of this today. Good work.
Cynthia

Dr Mark Vinick February 16, 2009 at 11:20 pm

Hi Todd,

Looks like you have been working quite diligently on the labels. Most of the comments on the necessity of branding, legible labels, consistency, etc. are all things I have mentioned for years. Am glad you are working towards this. I would emphasize that the lettering needs to be larger and made easy to read. Also, many of the terms on the package are…. well…. I don’t think they are actual words….such as “expiry”????? and some of the ingredients…. talcum???
Vaidya mentioned to me that it was not in the product. Also, I noticed that on some of his newer labels there are no excipients mentioned. Have they been eliminated, or just not mentioned???

take care,
Mark

Todd Smith February 18, 2009 at 6:05 pm

Mark – Thanks for your comment and suggestions. I really appreciate it. I have made it a point to try to keep lettering as large as possible (preferably above 8pt).

Expiry is a valid word (not used as commonly in US, but I’ve seen it a lot). We will probably end up with just “Exp” and I’m working with them to get a stamp to apply this to the labels. That way they can print larger runs of the labels using a professional printer and just update batch numbers and expiration dates as needed.

I saw talcum in one of the products too… I’ll look into that and see what’s up there.

I’m not sure what an excipient is, but I’ll ask about it.

Thanks again for your feedback, Mark.

Dr Mark Vinick February 18, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Yes, I just checked. Expiry is a commonly used term for expiration, or death, in England. I don’t recall ever seeing it used on a product here in the U.S. I think the idea of an updatable expiration date and batch number is a great idea. The comments on the extended sun rays and centered picture of Vaidya are good also. Someone mentioned that since Vaidya’s products are individually recommended by practitioners, the competitive feature of labels with other products is not an issue. This may be, but I have found that patients need to be continually reminded and encouraged to take their supplements. If the label has the proper info, and speaks to the person in such a way that they are continually reminded of why they are taking it in the first, their complience is much greater. That is why we see so many products called “mental clarity”, “tranquil mind”, “digest ease”, etc. I personally like Sanskrit names on products, but my experience is that when the average person sees a word they don’t recognize on a label, it is alienating for them. The idea of marketing is to give the consumer what they are looking for. Its all about them. If the names used are for the doctor, and are alienating to the patient, you have dramatically increased the likelihood of them not following thru with the recommendations… these are not just my own observations, but have patients in the marketing and merchandising fields, who have seen Vaidya, and they have mentioned this to me several times.

Hope this is helpful. Glad you are improving the packaging. Vaidya’s products are the best on the market, but the merchandising is perhaps the worst. People are attracted and follow thru on what is soothing (sometimes stimulating) to the mind, and pleasing to the senses. You are moving in the right direction…

Todd Smith February 18, 2009 at 7:58 pm

Mark – I see expiry for credit cards, but I think it’s more of a British term. I heard it in New Zealand too. Anyway, since Vaidya Mishra is marketing mainly in the US, we should use the local jargon.

Good point about the name being a reminder of why the patient is taking the product.