Topanga Canyon and LA on a Clear Spring Day

by Todd Smith on April 13, 2009

A couple of weeks ago these photos were featured in my newsletter.

Interestingly enough, though I didn’t know it at the time, they proved to be a survey of my new home. I will be moving to LA, probably around Topanga Canyon, in the next month or so. I will make this announcement on my newsletter on Thursday, but you heard it first here on the blog! 🙂

Things will be a bit busy for me over the next few weeks. I will be traveling to New York and D.C. for my cousin’s wedding and then plan to take two weeks to drive down the West Coast from Washington State to Southern California, taking pictures all along the way.

If you don’t hear from me three times a week, as usual, don’t worry, I’m probably just packing or traveling or some such thing. Same goes for email. You may not get a response right away. Thanks for your patience.

Here are the photos of the area where I’m going. You can order wallpaper or screensavers of all of these 20 shots for $14.85 here.

Bernie Koftinoff April 13, 2009 at 10:14 pm

I don’t know what it is – but just reading about your move and viewing your amazing photos saddens me.
Most likely just feeling sorry for myself.
B

LisaNewton April 15, 2009 at 10:38 am

Topanga Canyon? Why that’s pretty close to me. When you move, we should get together for lunch.

Your photos are great. Spring is in full swing in LA……………..:)

LisaNewton´s last blog post..Torrey Pines, Dolphins, and another day in San Diego

Todd Smith April 16, 2009 at 7:36 pm

Bernie – Thanks Bernie. I’m going to miss you guys a lot.

Lisa – That sounds great. I’d love to meet you when I get there in about a month.

Todd Smith´s last blog post..Topanga Canyon and LA on a Clear Spring Day

Molly Campe April 17, 2009 at 2:06 pm

Wait a minute!!! Why aren’t you moving here to Minneapolis?!!! 🙂

Really though– good luck with the move!! Can’t wait to hear about the details…

Todd Smith April 17, 2009 at 2:14 pm

well, you know me. no move is permanent! Maybe MN will be next. 🙂

June Parrish Cookson April 17, 2009 at 2:35 pm

Hi Todd,

Love the area and photos! Oh, I envy you in a good way. Somehow I had a feeling you would someday move to California! I’m happy for you but will miss the fact that you lived closer.

Busy, busy here. I’ll get back to you regarding the calendar layout. Going to be stunning!

Have a great weekend!