Just after I announced the flowers calendar for sale on Thursday, I got the final proof in the mail from my printer in Ecuador. While the printing looked good, the binding was not satisfactory, and the pages were not ordered properly. This is the second attempt, and my fear is that we just don’t have time to keep trying to get it right before the end of the year.
Last year, I used a printer who got delayed, and some customers didn’t receive their calendars until after the new year. I thought, by starting the process in July this year, I would have sufficient time to get things right, but sometimes things don’t go the way you expect them. My printer in Ecuador had never done a calendar, and there were just too many details we were unable to get right.
So I’ve decided to cancel the calendar for this year. The good news is that I can use all the same pictures for next year’s calendars. I may reformat the calendars to a smaller size, since more people seem to buy calendars in the 12 x 12″ size. At least that’s what I see more of in the stores. If you have a favorite size, let me know (last year I made an 8.5 x 11″ calendar).
I’ve got time to work out these details now for the 2010 calendar. I have to admit, I was pretty bummed for a day or so after I saw the last proof for the flowers calendar. But that’s the way it goes sometimes. There is also a very good side to it… I’ve got plenty of time to get my marketing done before printing next year’s calendars.
If you were interested in the 2009 flowers calendar, I’m sorry to disappoint. Hopefully, I’ll have some great calendars to offer for 2010!