I’m now settled in LA, and am excited to announce that the final calendar design is almost ready. With your help, the pictures have been chosen, and we’re almost ready to go to press in the next day or two.
I am still working on one introductory page (not shown). If you want to take a look at the calendar design so far, just follow the links below. If you like to proofread, your comments or corrections are very welcome.
I suggest that you choose your birth month to proofread if you only do one month. That way, we won’t all be proofreading January!
Here’s what needs to be checked for each month:
1. Numbers of the days of the month (check that numbers and sequence are correct). Check against a standard 2010 calendar here.
2. Numbers of the small calendars (previous and next month for each page). Double check numbers and sequence, as in #1, above.
3. Holidays (including grayed-out holidays from previous and last month for each page) See holidays for 2010 here. Canadian Holidays here. Hindu holidays (I’m just doing these few: Navaratri, Vijaya Dashami, Dipavali) see here.
4. Moon phases (check each phase) See moon phases here.
5. Full moon and New moon times (Times are given in Universal Time (Greenwhich Mean Time) – be sure that I converted the times to EST (minus 5 hours in winter) and EDT (minus 4 hours in summer daylight savings time) correctly. Moon data can be found here.
Here are the calendar pages:
If you find any corrections, please leave a comment below right away. The calendar will go to the printer in a day or two.
Thanks again for all your help!