The Golden Hills of California Photos

by Todd Smith on October 5, 2009

In last week’s newsletter, the golden hills of California at the end of summer were in the spotlight. Come for a walk with me on the crunchy, powder-dry earth. These hills are delightful.

Here are a few more images from that series.

Some of these golden hills of California images are now available as unframed or framed prints. And all of them are available until Tuesday, Oct 6, 2009 as free wallpaper photos.

How’s the weather in your area? We’re starting to dip into the low 50′s / high 40′s at night here. Good sleeping weather! :)

elaine October 11, 2009 at 2:31 pm

such a great series of beautiful golden tones!!

Todd Smith October 11, 2009 at 10:40 pm

Thanks, Elaine. I just learned that California is called the golden state. :)
.-= Todd Smith´s last blog ..The Golden Hills of California Photos =-.

Linda aka Heartfire At Home October 16, 2009 at 8:01 am

Oh wow Todd, great stuff! As you may know, I have a ‘thing’ about trees…… so these pics are just divine. The ones with the focus on singular trees, and also the trees in the mist – gorgeous!! The hills actually look very similiar to some of the country around where I live – and the golden tones are the same sort we have over here at certain times of the year, mainly summer (which we’ll be coming into in a couple of months time).

Linda. x :)
.-= Linda aka Heartfire At Home´s last blog ..From The Man Who Designs The Impossible – The Ablitt House =-.

Todd Smith October 16, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Thanks, Linda. Trees are amazing, aren’t they? I used to say that if I could walk in the woods at sunrise every day I’d live to be 100! :) You must be in the Southern Hemisphere if summer’s only a couple of months away!
.-= Todd Smith´s last blog ..The Golden Hills of California Photos =-.

Linda aka Heartfire At Home October 17, 2009 at 2:14 am

Oh yes, walking in the woods every day would be amazing…. except I’d do it at sunset!! That’s one of my fave times of the day.

And yep, I’m in Victoria which is a state at the bottom of Australia. Great place to live. :)

Todd Smith October 17, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Evening’s great with me too. Morning and evening would be awesome!

I’d love to visit Australia some day. I met an airline pilot from Melbourne last week who said Tasmania was also amazing. This world is too big to explore in one lifetime! :)
.-= Todd Smith´s last blog ..The Golden Hills of California Photos =-.