Highlands in the Adirondacks

by Todd Smith on August 28, 2009

Yesterday’s newsletter featured Highlands, my summer getaway in the Adirondacks. Here are a few more photos (these images can be downloaded as wallpaper or screen saver photos for free until September 1, 2009).

If you are not taking advantage of my free wallpaper downloads every week, check out my new step-by-step tutorials for Windows XP and Mac OSX, and learn how to set-up wallpaper that changes on your computer every few minutes. It’s a great way to enjoy photography all day (you can add your personal photos into the mix as well).

Did you get a chance to get away this summer? Where did you go this year?

Mike Cullen September 1, 2009 at 3:36 pm

Lovely work, Todd.

Note to self: get out of Brooklyn every once in a while and head up the Thruway–it looks quiet up there!
.-= Mike Cullen´s last blog ..A Red One and a Green One =-.

Todd Smith September 1, 2009 at 3:42 pm

Thanks, Mike. You won’t regret getting up there. Beautiful and quiet. I bet you it’s nice in October when the leaves are turning.

elaine September 2, 2009 at 7:20 am

this looks like such a greta place! so peaceful!

Todd Smith September 2, 2009 at 1:53 pm

Hi Elaine. Great to see you back again. It is a lovely place. I hope you had a relaxing holiday.
.-= Todd Smith´s last blog ..How Do You See The World? =-.

Lorna December 20, 2009 at 11:43 am

Hi Todd

Great photos…really great!

I happened upon your website because I was looking for proper screen saver dimensions. As a Christmas gift, I created a image (enhanced photography) which I had transfered on to a mousepad and I wanted to send a .jpeg of the image to the intended recipent so they would have a screen saver to match the mousepad. In any case, that’s how I found your blog.

My questions to you are: Do you sell your photos on iStock or a similiar website that feature stock photos? And if so, is that a rewarding experience…is it profitable? Or do you promote your work in some other way?

Just curious. I have some vector images and a few photos that I am thinking about featuring on iStock and I would love to hear the perspective of someone that has used these venues to sell their work.

To be honest, i’ts not so much about making money as much as it is a desire to share the beauty and the art.

Thanks by the way for sharing the beauty and the art.

Lorna

Todd Smith December 20, 2009 at 11:18 pm

Thanks, Lorna. Great to meet you. I don’t sell on iStock, I promote my business mainly through my online store, networking, and search engine optimization. I can’t say I’m rolling in it, but I am growing. I have heard good things about iStock (though I’ve never worked with them directly) and I don’t think you would be making a mistake to list with them. Best of luck. Keep me posted, if you go with iStock. I’d love to hear your experience.